Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things.

After five weeks of staring at my computer and trying to build a website with just the barest of ability, I’m finally finished and now I’m having a heck of a job getting back into the routine of making art.
    I had a really good routine going before I dove into website making, work on sculpture, work on glass, work on a painting. Throw in some household chores, exercise, some reading, some writing, music and I had a pretty full productive day. Now I’m bumping around the studio trying to figure out what to do next, even though I know there’s a ton of stuff that needs to be done. And it’s not like I’m depressed or down in the dumps about anything, matter of fact I’m feeling really good. It’s just that I can’t get my act together to get things back up and rolling again.
      Well hopefully I can get myself rolling again pretty soon. I’ll have to set up schedules and things to do lists again and force myself to follow them, until it becomes habit.
       I was going to cast a bronze today but woke up to 30cm of snow all over the place. I’ll have to wait till that melts off a bit before I can set up the foundry again. Hey, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment